Here are some wonderful facts about Sea World’s orcas!
- The average lifespan of wild orcas ranges from 30-50 years, although some females can easily make it past 80 (a wild orca named J2 or ‘Granny’ is 103 this year!). The lifespan of a Sea World orca is around 25 years, the median age being 9. But at least they put on a good show!
- Don’t worry, collapsed dorsal fins are a common condition, although in the wild only sick or injured orcas have collapsed dorsal fins. All of Sea World’s males and some females have it, it makes them look unique!
- The size of Sea World’s tanks compared to an orca is about the same as a human to a bathtub. Lot’s of room to stretch and move!
- Wild orcas swim 100+ miles a day, they would have to swim around their tank 1,400+ times a day to achieve that. But that seems like a lot of work, and you may see the animals hanging out near the surface of the water or on the bottoms of their tanks for hours. That’s a lot more relaxing than swimming all those miles!
- Sea World gives their orcas a Valium-like drug to stop the whales from acting aggressively towards each other and to numb their minds from their vastly uninteresting concrete tanks. Buying a ticket to Sea World is an excellent way to help them pay for these drugs that they pump their animals full with!
- Many captive orcas show abnormal behaviors like head bobbing, chewing on concrete, and self mutilation by banging their heads into the side of the tank. Obviously just temper-tantrums! Silly things.
- In the wild, there has been only one orca attack. Bad orca! While in captivity, there have been over 100 attacks and 4 deaths. These animals just need more training, it couldn’t possibly be related to their confinement!
- Food is used as reinforcement for tricks. Do a trick, get your dinner. Don’t want to do a trick? I guess you don’t eat tonight you stubborn thing!
See? Sea World isn’t as bad as people make it out to be! Oh, one more fact: for every $1,000,000 Sea World makes, about $600 goes into conservation efforts (about $0.5 a ticket). I’m so glad they care about conservation of the ocean! Amazing work!
If you haven’t realized it yet, this post is 100% sarcastic. It should be obvious, but not everyone understands sarcasm…
Please don’t let this die
wilbur32557 said: I fear you are once again being untruthful. If you really lived in Poindexter Sherman, etc., etc., you would probably refer to cookies as biscuits. It is my belief that you live in Walla Walla Fa-la-la, Washington. So my question is: do you actually require glasses, or do you wear them just to look incredibly intelligent?
I doo actually need glasses, my eyesight is superrr bad! As for the awesome Hipsta glasses, thoes do not have a prescription and I wear them with my contacts sometimes for fashions sake
"Gay people are ruining the sanctity of marriage"
Anonymous said: You're really beautiful! I wanted to ask for some advice, my bestfriend is a transgendered woman. Shes not completely out yet, I want to help her feel more comfortable with herself because she helped me come out as male. Tips for her?
Umm well all I can really say is that she will feel so much more comfortable when she comes out, but everyone comes out in there own way, Hell I did it over facebook just because I was to lazy to tell everyone in person haha, it gets better!
I guess my advice for right now is maybe try to go out with her to some clubs and ask if she wants to go in femme or whatever to see how she likes it,
Don’t give a flying fuck about what other people are going to say or think, your personal happiness is all that should matter.
wilbur32557 said: Thank you for saving the world (again). What's your favorite flavor of cookie; I shall mail you one.
And I live at
P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way
Women’s Halloween costumes make me mad.
look at the names of the luigi one
wilbur32557 said: How is (or was) your day today?
My day was pretty awesome!
I decided to be lazy and wake up at 1 PM,
Then I saw that Bastion was on sale on steam and I bought it played it for like an hour ( it’s incredibility awesome!!)
Then a zombie infection started and about 300 walkers were rampaging through my city so I grabbed a shotgun and stopped the infection from spreading… Basically saving the world! You can thank me later ;p
Yup that pretty much sums it up.
Page 1 of 42